At Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning, indoor comfort is what we do! With the help of our team, homeowners in St. Andrews can rest assured knowing their home remains a comfortable oasis year-round.
Whether HVAC repairs, maintenance, or the installation of an entirely new system, Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning is your go-to solution for quality results and affordable costs.
We understand that problems with your home’s HVAC system can arise at any time, which is why our certified technicians are available 24/7/365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays, at no extra cost to you!
If you’re interested in upgrading your current unit, book a consultation appointment with one of our home comfort advisors to learn more about our current discounts and financing options. All at-home consultations include a complimentary estimate when you purchase a new HVAC system.
Book with Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning in St. Andrews over the phone, or use our online booking form.
How often should I service my HVAC?
Homeowners should have their home’s HVAC systems professionally serviced at least once a year. All heating systems should be tuned before the winter season, preferably in the early fall where the temperatures outdoors are still warm enough where you don’t need to turn your heater on. In contrast, you should aim to have your cooling systems serviced in the early spring. This will help ensure your equipment is ready to perform optimally for you as temperatures increase in the area.
It’s also important to have the air filters in your HVAC system changed regularly. We suggest doing so at least once every one to three months.
How long does HVAC last?
The frequency of use, maintenance, local climate, and equipment quality all affect how long an HVAC system lasts. A well-cared-for household HVAC system can last between 15 and 30 years on average. To get the most out of your HVAC system, it’s essential to book an annual maintenance appointment with a certified HVAC technician. Homeowners should also make it a habit of booking repair appointments as soon as they notice something wrong, as it can help prevent further damage.
Further, it’s also crucial to remember that HVAC systems may become less energy-efficient with age, which could result in higher operating expenses. As such, it can be cost-effective to think about switching to a newer, more efficient model if your system is getting close to the end of its anticipated lifespan or is having frequent problems.
What are some common HVAC issues?
If poorly maintained throughout its service life, your HVAC system can develop many issues that are costly and damaging. Here is a closer look:
· Dirty or clogged air filters
· Thermostat malfunctions or low batteries
· Leaking refrigerant fluid
· Damaged or blocked condensate drain lines
· Faulty capacitors and blower motors
· Dirty condenser coils
· Electrical problems and malfunctions
· Inconsistent heating or cooling throughout your home
· Odd noises and smells as your HVAC system operates
· A lack of general maintenance of your equipment
· Poor air quality due to dust, hair, dirt, and other airborne debris
Make sure to schedule a yearly maintenance appointment and give a repair expert a call as soon as you see any indications of a breakdown or low performance in order to prevent these costly issues.
How do I know when it’s time to replace my HVAC system?
Not sure whether it’s time to say goodbye to your home’s HVAC system? Take a look at some of these signs below:
· Age: If your HVAC system is more than 15 years old, it might be nearing the end of its useful life, and a newer model could be a good investment.
· Higher energy costs: If your monthly utility costs are increasing despite changes in your usage habits, an update may be worth considering.
· Unusual sounds and inconsistencies: Unusual noises, uneven air circulation, and uneven heating or cooling are indications that your system might be having issues that call for a replacement.
· Regular repairs: If you find yourself in need of repairs on a regular basis, the total expenses can make it more economical to purchase a brand-new, dependable HVAC system.
If you’re still unsure whether it’s time to update your HVAC in St. Andrews, having a thorough inspection performed by one of our team members can give you valuable information about the state of the system and assist you in making decisions that suit your demands, your budget, and the system’s performance.
“We had Furnasman install a new furnace for us a week ago and a small leak was detected by the inspector so Shaun came out to correct the problem. His friendly and very knowledgeable visit was extremely positive. He corrected the small problem very quickly and re-tested the entire gas line near the furnace for any other concerns. He answered without hesitation the few questions I had for him regarding our new unit. I will be asking for him personally when it comes time for an annual inspection and service.”