There’s nothing worse than trying to escape the burning heat during the summertime, only for your home’s air conditioner system to break out of nowhere. Not only are hot and humid interiors uncomfortable, but they’re also inconvenient and dangerous to your overall well-being.
Luckily, with the help of the team at Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning, you can have your home’s air conditioner unit back in working order with our 24/7 emergency air conditioner repair in Winnipeg!
No matter the time of day, you can count on us to be there for you!
Our team of licensed HVAC experts has more than 80 years of expertise, providing residents in the Winnipeg area and its neighbouring communities with top-notch air conditioner repairs that will quickly get your cooling system back up and running effectively!
You can depend on us to take care of your cooling repair needs at any time of the year or day. We are open every day of the year, 24 hours a day, without charging extra for after-hours, weekends, or holidays.
Book your air conditioner repair in Winnipeg with Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning today! We look forward to working with you!
What is the process of an air conditioning repair?
Repairing an air conditioning system involves several steps that can vary, given that each repair and system is different. That said, here is a general overview of what a repair process may look like with your cooling system:
1. Contacting an HVAC expert: The process starts when you make a service request for AC repair with an HVAC technician from Furnasman. You’ll describe in full the problem you’re having and make an appointment with our team.
2. Initial evaluation: At the scheduled time, an HVAC technician will show up at your site. They will start by talking with you about the problem and may ask you questions to learn more.
3. Visual inspection: Take a look for obvious signs of wear, damage, or broken connections, the technician will look at the air conditioning unit, including the indoor and outdoor parts. They might check the thermostat to make sure it’s appropriately set as well.
4. Diagnostics: The technician will examine the air conditioning unit and do testing to determine the precise issue. This may entail turning on the appliance and using a variety of instruments to gauge airflow, temperature differences, and other crucial elements.
5. Repair work: The expert will start performing the required repairs as soon as you approve the repair plan. The refrigerant may need to be cleaned or recharged, components replaced or repaired, and the thermostat set or electrical problems addressed. The technician will check to see if the air conditioner is functioning correctly and effectively.
6. Suggestions: The technician may make suggestions for regular maintenance to stop potential problems and enhance the efficiency of your AC system.
As you can see, repairing an air conditioner is more complex than it may appear. This is why it’s crucial that you only work with a licensed and experienced technician if you are having issues with your cooling system.
Therefore, if you believe there is something currently wrong with your air conditioner, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule a repair appointment with us!
Our team of certified HVAC technicians is available 24/7/365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and after-hours, for all repairs and maintenance services at no extra cost! Call us directly or use our online booking form to reserve your appointment today!
Why is my air conditioner not cooling?
Your air conditioner may not be able to adequately chill your home due to a number of causes. To remedy the problem, the underlying cause must be identified by a professional rather than attempted by homeowners. Before calling a repair technician, take a look at some of the problems you may be dealing with:
· Dirty air filters: Filters that are dirty or blocked up can limit the flow of air, which lowers the cooling power of your air conditioning system. For adequate ventilation, the air filter must be changed or cleaned on a regular basis.
· Thermostat problems: the air conditioner may not cool if the thermostat is set incorrectly or has low batteries.
· Issues with the refrigerant: Inadequate cooling may be caused by low refrigerant levels brought on by leaks or poor charging.
· Dirty coils: Condenser or evaporator coils that are clogged or dirty might reduce the effectiveness of heat transfer and cooling. These coils need routine maintenance and cleaning.
· Compressor malfunctions: Problems with the compressor, such as mechanical or electrical ones, can limit the AC’s capacity to cool.
· Electrical concerns: Defective wiring might interfere with the electrical operation of the AC system, which can affect cooling.
· Leaky ducts: Leaky ducts can cause cooled air to leak before it enters your home’s rooms, which lowers cooling effectiveness. Duct insulation and sealing must be done correctly.
· Frozen coils: The evaporator coil may freeze as a result of poor air circulation, low refrigerant levels, or other problems.
· Size and capacity of the system: Your home’s cooling requirements may not be met by the air conditioning system if it is too small, especially during periods of intense heat.
It is recommended that you contact a trained HVAC professional to identify and repair the issue so that cooling may be restored. Your air conditioner’s effectiveness and efficiency can be maintained with regular service and prompt repair to any of these problems.
As such, if your home’s air conditioning is having trouble cooling, kindly reach out to the professional HVAC team at Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning for assistance! For all repairs and maintenance services, including after-hours, on weekends, and beyond regular business hours, our team of licensed HVAC specialists is available 24/7/365 at no additional charge! To make a reservation for your appointment right away, give us a call or use our online booking form.
Is replacing my AC worth it?
The choice to replace your air conditioning system depends on a number of variables, so it’s critical to carefully assess your particular situation before moving forward. You can use the following factors to decide whether it’s worthwhile to replace your AC:
· Age of current system: Consider the age of your existing air conditioning system. If it is regularly in need of repairs and is close to the end of its planned lifespan, replacement can be less expensive in the long term.
· Repair costs: Take a look at the price and regularity of repairs. A new air conditioning unit may be more cost-effective to replace if the cost of repairs is more expensive.
· Energy efficiency: Older air conditioners typically use less electricity than more recent versions. A more energy-efficient system upgrade can result in decreased energy costs and savings over the long term.
· Cooling performance: Upgrading to a more effective and adequately sized system may considerably increase comfort if your current AC fails to effectively chill your home or provides inconsistent cooling.
· Environmental impact: Newer air conditioning units frequently employ more eco-friendly refrigerants, which can lessen your carbon impact and help make your home more environmentally friendly.
· Rebates and incentives: Look into any rebates, tax breaks, or energy company programs that can help defray the cost of switching to a more energy-efficient system.
The decision to replace the air conditioner ultimately comes down to your individual situation, financial situation, and priorities. It is recommended to speak with a licensed HVAC expert who can evaluate your unique preferences and offer suggestions that accommodate your needs. They can assist you in deciding whether replacement is the best and most cost-effective option for your house.
Are you unsure whether to repair or replace your home’s current air conditioner unit? If so, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule a repair appointment.
Our team is available 24/7/365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays, at no extra cost for repairs and maintenance! If, by chance, your current system is deemed unrepairable by one of our technicians, they would be more than happy to set you up with a consultation appointment with one of our home comfort advisors where you can learn more about the options available to you, including our discounts and financing options! You’ll even get a complimentary new system purchase quote!
How long does an air conditioning repair take?
The duration of an air conditioning repair can vary widely depending on several factors. While simple fixes can be completed in a matter of hours, other tasks that are more difficult might take longer. Here is an estimate of how long various air conditioning repair processes might take:
· Simple repairs: Simple repairs, such as changing an outdated capacitor, unclogging a condensate drain, washing the coils, or changing the air filter, can frequently be completed in one to two hours.
· Refrigerant recharge: If the air conditioning system needs a refrigerant recharge, it will typically take two hours or so, considering the time required to find and fix any leaks, if present.
· Compressor replacement: Changing a malfunctioning compressor requires more effort and can take several hours to complete.
· Electrical problems: Depending on the intricacy, electrical repairs, such as fixing a broken thermostat or faulty wiring, can take anywhere from one hour to three hours.
· Replacement of critical parts: The replacement of major components, like the evaporator coil or condenser coil, can take anywhere from two to five hours to complete.
· Assessment and diagnosis: Because the technician must first identify the issue before starting the actual repair work, this step can extend the total repair time if they are having difficulties finding the root of the problem.
· Emergency fixes: When cooling is urgently required, professionals frequently rush to fix the air conditioning system within an hour or two.
· Parts supply: The speed of repairs might be affected by the availability of spare parts. It could take longer to complete the repair if a particular feature needs to be ordered.
Remember that while these are rough estimates, the precise time required to complete a cooling system repair can change depending on your particular situation. It’s important to discuss the time frame with the HVAC professional handling the repair because they may give an accurate time frame depending on how they evaluate the issue and the scope of the required work.
Nonetheless, if you notice there is a problem with your home’s air conditioner unit, it is essential that you do not attempt to repair it in your home. Air conditioners are highly complex pieces of equipment, and without knowledge of how the equipment operates, they can cause significant damage to your cooling system and put your safety at risk.
As such, we suggest reaching out to the team at Furnasman Heating and Air Conditioning for assistance! Our team of experienced and certified HVAC technicians is available 24/7/365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays, at no extra cost for repairs and maintenance services!
Call us directly and arrange your repair appointment over the phone, or use our online booking form!
We stand behind our people and our work, so much so that we guarantee it. For up to 2 years from the day we install your furnace, we will repair, replace, or refund whatever necessary until you are 100% satisfied.
“Our furnace was pretty much toast, I was advised by Hydro to replace it within the week. Kelly came to my home, took measurements, asked the right stuff and was so thorough in providing information and tips that I had absolutely no questions for him. He helped me to choose not only what we needed but what we could afford and filled out all the Hydro paperwork. Don and the other young man who came for the install were fantastic, they even swept up OUR mess from the floor! This team really made what could have been a nightmare turn out to be an easy and even pleasant experience. Thank you to the incredible team at Furnasman!”
“We had Furnasman install a new furnace for us a week ago and a small leak was detected by the inspector so Shaun from furnaceman came out to correct the problem. His friendly and very knowledgeable visit was extremely positive. He corrected the small problem very quickly and re-tested the entire gas line near the furnace for any other concerns. He answered without hesitation the few questions I had for him regarding our new unit. I will be asking for him personally when it comes time for an annual inspection and service.”